What To Expect During Your Carpet Floor Installation
Scope Of Work:
• Phillips’ Floors, Inc. does not install carpet over old pad, because it voids the warranty on the new carpet.
• Seam placement must be discussed and finalized during the measurement. Seams are not invisible. Carpet is normally available in 12′ or 15′ widths. Customers are able to directly affect the number, type and placement of seams by the amount of carpet and the width of carpet they elect to purchase. Typically having fewer seams requires purchasing more carpet. Typically, fewer seams equals more carpet waste.
• Pattern carpet requires additional product for the pattern and additional labor charges to perform the match.
• Tack strip is normally reused. (Re-nailing as necessary and replacement of a small number of tack strips is included.)
• Interior doors may need to be trimmed after new flooring is installed. This service is available for an additional charge and may not be determined until installation is completed. Metal doors cannot be trimmed by Phillips’ Floors Inc.
• Please advise Phillips’ Floors, Inc. of any previous floor issues such as water leaks or damage.
• Unforeseen circumstances discovered once installation begins such as damaged subfloor, wet subfloor, pet urine soaked carpet, insect infested carpet, unlevel or uneven subfloors or termite damage can cause additional charges which must be approved by the customer and can be included in your final billing.
• Phillips’ Floors Inc. does not move furniture unless specified in the estimate at the customer’s request.
• Installers cannot move certain items such as antiques, electronics, pianos, pool tables, waterbeds, aquariums, safes, pinball machines, exercise equipment, etc. Many of these items need to be professionally moved. Installers also cannot be responsible for moving valuables, clothes, dishes, wall hangings and other small miscellaneous items.
• Additional charges may apply for moving excessive or oversized furniture, these charges will be included in your estimate.
Prior To Day If Install:
• Make arrangements to have your furniture moved and existing flooring torn out and removed from all rooms receiving new carpeting prior to the day of installation, unless you have agreed to have these optional services done by Phillips’ Floors, Inc.
• The area to receive new flooring must have climate control, power and adequate lighting a minimum of 48 hours before and after installation.
• Unplug all items; disconnect and remove all electronics (computers, stereos, large screen TVs, VCR, DVD, etc)
• Empty closet floors up to 3 feet high, remove items under beds, bed coverings, lamps, knick-knacks, fragile, high value, sentimental value items and antiques.
• Remove glassware from china cabinets, remove books from freestanding bookcases and pictures from walls.
• If there are pet soiled areas, the customer must have them cleaned prior to the installation.
Day Of Install:
• The installer will move furniture, tear out and haul away your exiting flooring, if you have agreed to have these optional services done. If not, you will need to make arrangements to have this done prior to the day of installation.
• Phillips’ Floors Inc. would prefer that an adult (18 years or older) must be present for both the estimate and installation.
• Installer will verify correct new flooring with customer prior to starting job.
• Identify for the installer wiring (may be hidden behind moldings) in the new flooring area (alarm, monitoring systems, etc.)
• Let installer know if you would like to keep existing flooring and where to put it.
• Please ensure children and pets are not in the installation area during the installation.
• Potential exists for minor scuffing of baseboards/walls. (Note: Scuffing will be worse with new paint.) Repairs to these areas are the responsibility of the homeowner.
• The installer will vacuum the carpet after installation is completed. Depending on the construction of the carpet, there will still be carpet fibers vacuumed up after the initial vacuuming. This may still occur after multiple times of vacuuming.
We look forward to serving you and will strive to exceed your expectations. At the conclusion of the job, we’ll follow-up to make sure the project was completed to your satisfaction. If you have any concerns with your new flooring, please contact Steve DePhillips at 515-202-6519. You will receive a survey card with your final billing asking you to rate your salesperson, craftsmanship and professionalism of the installers. Please take a few minutes to give us your feedback so that we can continue providing our customers with the best possible service. Thank you!