What To Expect During Your Hardwood Floor Refinishing
Scope Of Work:
• Phillips’ Floors, Inc. cannot remove existing vinyl flooring if it contains asbestos. Your salesperson will take a sample and it will be tested prior to any tear out being performed. This is an additional charge.
• The installer is required to take moisture meter readings prior to installation to ensure moisture is within the exceptional standards.
• Phillips’ Floors Inc. will use our Ultimate Dust Containment System to contain the amount of dust created during the sanding process. Please be aware that this does not mean there will be no dust in the home, but you may or may not have a light film of dust. Without this system you could have an inch or more of dust.
• Once finishing process is started, no traffic can be on the floor until the work is completed and has thoroughly dried.
• Once flooring is dry, walk sock footed for three days. Furniture can be replaced and pets can walk on floor after three days of the floor being dry. Area rugs can be replaced with rubber mesh pad underneath after seven days of dry floors.
• Rubber back rugs are not advised due to the lack o fair flow through the rug to the wood floor. This will cause significant color change and/or damage to the floor.
• The smell from the finish can linger in the home for a while. Changing furnace filters and opening windows to allow fresh air will help eliminate these smells faster.
• It is required that the home has 220 electrical hook-up for the sanding equipment. This can be obtained through a stove or washer outlet.
• Normally, new base shoe installation or removal and reinstallation of existing base shoe are required to hide the edges of the flooring.
• Please advise Phillips’ Floors, Inc. of any previous floor issues such as water leaks or damage.
• Unforeseen circumstances discovered once installation begins such as damaged subfloor, wet subfloor, pet urine soaked carpet, insect infested carpet, unlevel or uneven subfloors or termite damage can cause additional charges which must be approved by the customer and can be included in your final billing.
• Phillips’ Floors Inc. does not move furniture unless specified in the estimate at the customer’s request.
• Installers cannot move certain items such as antiques, electronics, pianos, pool tables, waterbeds, aquariums, safes, pinball machines, exercise equipment, etc. Many of these items need to be professionally moved. Installers also cannot be responsible for moving valuables, clothes, dishes, wall hangings and other small miscellaneous items.
• Additional charges may apply for moving excessive or oversized furniture, these charges will be included in your estimate.
Prior To Day If Install:
• Make arrangements to have your furniture moved and existing flooring torn out and removed from all rooms receiving new carpeting prior to the day of installation, unless you have agreed to have these optional services done by Phillips’ Floors, Inc.
• The area to receive new flooring must have climate control, power and adequate lighting a minimum of 48 hours before and after installation.
• Unplug all items; disconnect and remove all electronics (computers, stereos, large screen TVs, VCR, DVD, etc)
• Empty closet floors up to 3 feet high, remove items under beds, bed coverings, lamps, knick-knacks, fragile, high value, sentimental value items and antiques.
• Remove glassware from china cabinets, remove books from freestanding bookcases and pictures from walls.
• If there are pet soiled areas, the customer must have them cleaned prior to the installation.
Day Of Install:
• The installer will move furniture, tear out and haul away your exiting flooring, if you have agreed to have these optional services done. If not, you will need to make arrangements to have this done prior to the day of installation.
• Phillips’ Floors Inc. would prefer that an adult (18 years or older) must be present for both the estimate and installation.
• Installer will verify correct new flooring with customer prior to starting job.
• Identify for the installer wiring (may be hidden behind moldings) in the new flooring area (alarm, monitoring systems, etc.)
• Let installer know if you would like to keep existing flooring and where to put it.
• Please ensure children and pets are not in the installation area during the installation.
• Potential exists for minor scuffing of baseboards/walls. (Note: Scuffing will be worse with new paint.) Repairs to these areas are the responsibility of the homeowner.
We look forward to serving you and will strive to exceed your expectations. At the conclusion of the job, we’ll follow-up to make sure the project was completed to your satisfaction. If you have any concerns with your new flooring, please contact Steve DePhillips at 515-202-6519. You will receive a survey card with your final billing asking you to rate your salesperson, craftsmanship and professionalism of the installers. Please take a few minutes to give us your feedback so that we can continue providing our customers with the best possible service. Thank you!